I absolutely love making (and EATING) energy bites of any kind. In the fall, as most everyone else, I am obsessed with using pumpkin. I mix pumpkin into my Shakeology, as well as oatmeal and even our chili.
Not only is pumpkin great for this time of year as the weather turns cool, but it has amazing health benefits too. Here are a few benefits of pumpkin:
1. Pumpkins Keep Eyesight Sharp – in just 1 cup of pumpkin, it has 200% of the recommended about of Vitamin A, which aids in vision.
2. It aids in weight loss – in that same cup of pumpkin, it has a whopping three grams of fiber and will keep you feeling full longer.
3. Pumpkins are full of cancer-fighting antioxidant, beta-carotene.
4. Those same carotenoids that fight cancer also help keep the wrinkles away!
5. Pumpkin is a great post-sweat sesh food and keeps your muscles functioning at their best by restoring electrolytes. It boasts more potassium in one cup of pumpkin than ONE banana.
6. In cold & flu season, pumpkin may ward off sickness and boost your immune system! It has more than 20% of the recommended daily amount (for women) of Vitamin C.
[yumprint-recipe id=’9′] Source: Huffington Post